Fresh, healthy & conscious
We, the Grüner‘s, have long ago decided to switch over to a more sustainable, green future – according to our motto „Grüner goes greener“. Local food is fresher and more nutritious: through our long-term relationship with local suppliers and farmers of the region, we can offer a variety of aromatic, organic food and products.
"Regional 200" badge
The „Regional-200“- badge is our guarantee for products which come from local organic farming, sustainable and respectful of the environment produced and processed within a 200 km radius.
We love local food
- Carrots, celery, leek, cabbage, savoy from Josef Norz, vegetable farmer from Kematen
- Apples and pears from the Rauch family in Roppen
- Char, trout, huchen, smoked fish and freshwater fish directly from the Mrak family's fish pond in Längenfeld
- Milk and yoghurt from the Brüggler family from Huben near Längenfeld
- Honey from the Klotz family from Längenfeld
- Sheep's cream cheese from the Larcher family in Roppen
- Meat from the company Fleischhof Oberland in Imst
Where can you find "Regional 200" in our hotel?
The own agriculture of the hosts
Your host, Sigi Grüner, is a member of the Austrian Sheep Breeding Association and a farmer who loves his flock of mountain sheep.
On average there are 25 sheep and 40 to 50 lambs grazing on the high pastures around the Hotel Bergland. The love and care given to our sheep has been recognised with a number of awards and prizes - such as the "Bewusst Tirol" award.
„Bewusst Tirol“ Award
The established award Bewusst Tirol is a recognition for businesses that show a high use of local products and act in an exemplary manner when sourcing food from local agriculture.
Ötztal mountain sheep
As you arrive at the Hotel Bergland in Sölden, don't be surprised if you hear the sound of sheep bells and a few loud bleats from our friendly four-legged friends.