Two-Wheeled Adventures in the Mountainbike Eldorado of the Ötztal Valley
In the heart of the Ötztal Valley, an Approved Bike Area, lies the Hotel Bergland. This five-star accommodation is the ideal starting point for rides into the surrounding meadows and mountains.
Here at the Hotel Bergland we even have our own bike shop and bike academy where experts are on hand to make sure you have the skills and equipment you need to stay safe and have fun out on the trails.
Talking of trails, the Ötztal Valley has a huge range of options for mountainbike riders to choose from. All in all there are 880 kilometres of signposted trails for all abilities, from easy cruising to adrenaline-pumping singletrail. The trails also lead to many of the valley's most beautiful spots such as the Piburger See lake, the Ötztaler Ache river, lush meadows, glacier ice and 250 mountains over 3,000m in height. Ready? Let's go!
- Bike shop & rental centre in the hotel
- Individual tips on the best places to ride
- Biker’s Info Corner in the hotel lobby
- Bike-handling skills park
- Free use of summer cable cars with the Ötztal Inside Summer Card
- Bike shuttle – free use of all public transport in the valley with the Ötztal Inside Summer Card
"Bikes bring you to places that cars never see."
We Live Biking – at the Hotel Bergland Sölden!
Here at the Hotel Bergland we know what mountainbike riders want and need on holiday. That is why we offer lots of extra services such as high-energy food, a laundry service and a lockable bike storage room as standard.
Services for Riders
- Laundry service (24-hour turnaround)
- Drying room for sports clothes
- Shoe dryer
- High-energy food for riders
- Healthy and hearty breakfast buffet
- Sky Spa for post-ride relaxation
Tools & Facilities
- Mini workshop with bike stands
- Material for repairing punctures, oiling bike & inflating tyres
- Professional repair service
- Underground storage area
- Bike stands
- Lockable bike storage room with CCTV
Ötztaler Radweg – Ötztal Bike Route
The journey is the destination: with the "Ötztaler Radweg", the initiators steadily improve the mountainbike experience for our guests. The official bike route gets (e)bikers off the streets and on to a purpose-built cycleway through the whole valley. A big part of the project (Sölden-Aschbach) is already finished and can be used anytime.
Guided MTB Rides & Bike Hire
The local guides at the Bike Academy Sölden know the region inside out and will be happy to show you the best trails and tracks in the Ötztal Valley. They also offer bike-handling sessions to improve your balance and confidence.
Visitors without a bike can simply pay a visit to the Intersport Glanzer sport shop in the hotel building. There they will find everything they need for a great day out in the mountains, from children's bikes and e-bikes to roadbikes and all the related accessories.
The Hotel Bergland has been named on a list of tried and tested hotels where cyclists will find everything they need for a great holiday.
To qualify as "quality-approved bike accommodation" hotels and guesthouses must meet strict criteria on the facilities and service provided.
- Healthy breakfast (fruit, muesli, etc.)
- Storage room (lockable & theft-proof)
- Bike stands in front of the hotel
- Bikewash area (hose & brushes)
- Info corner (maps, guides, maagzines, etc.)
- Bike repair package (pump, puncture repair kit, oil, etc.)
- Laundry & drying service (please enquire for price)